Go Back   ConsumerTraveler.com Forums > Hot tips > Destination tips > Central and South America
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2007, 01:36 PM   #1
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Question Quito, Ecuador: I'm in need of sightseeing tips, and restaurant suggestions

Hi Everyone. Once we're back from Europe, we'll be home for a while, but then we're off to Quito, Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands.

We're set for the Galapagos cruise, but we need suggestions for Quito. We've been in many South American countries, but never Ecuador before. We'll be in Ecuador's capital, Quito for 3 nights.

If you have suggestions for sightseeing in Quito, and the surrounding countryside, and any restaurant suggestions, let us know please.

Thanks to all.

[Visit my Travel Photography Blog, and
Photography website NSL Photography]
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:18 AM   #2
Carchar
Diamond Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 88 Carchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I too am hoping someone in the Tripso family has tips on Quito, as I will be there for a couple of days on my own in February before meeting up with my birding tour.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:46 AM   #3
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Rep Power: 454 Ned has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesNed has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes
Arrow

Carrie, no luck so far in suggestions, although I have received some info privately from a couple of our member TAs, but worse comes to worse, when I come back, I'll have some information for you. I'll be there a couple of months before you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carchar View Post
I too am hoping someone in the Tripso family has tips on Quito, as I will be there for a couple of days on my own in February before meeting up with my birding tour.

Old 12-01-2007, 01:38 AM   #4
Carchar
Diamond Poster
No Avatar

Rep Power: 88 Carchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph FiennesCarchar has just been invited to the lav with Ralph Fiennes

I asked about Quito on my TravelZine newsgroup and got the following reply from Reggie:

Quote:
I was in Quito in January/February 2005. We stayed at Café
Cultura . It was quite unique and enjoyable. Dinner was
very good there (even a write up in Departures later that
year).

We walked everywhere in downtown Quito. We did hire a driver to
take us to Otavalo the Market City and to see Miguel
Andrango, a Master Weaver
http://abyayala.nativeweb.org/ecuador/otavalo/andrango/
We bought a rug from him. And he showed us his weaving
skills, dyeing methods, etc. Great experience. And, of
course, we went to see the Panama Hats.
Coincidently, someone else from TZ will be in Quito at the same time, so we decided to meet for dinner one evening.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:45 AM   #5
Carchar
Diamond Poster
No Avatar

Whoops! Sorry, Ned. I didn't realize you were already in Quito. Hope you saw my previous post before you left and I hope you have some recommendations for me when you come back. Enjoy your trip.

Kiss a blue-footed boobie for me!
Old 12-01-2007, 05:20 AM   #6
Ned
Kishef macher
Super Duper Über Poster

Arrow

I did see it. Thanks. We're staying at the Marriott in Quito. Yesterday we took the cable car ride. They've made the whole thing very honky-tonk with the ancillary stuff. The restaurants at the top and bottom are awful and expensive, for Quito, but the view you get from the top and from the cable car going up is sensational, and it only costs $4 for the ride. It's a don't miss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carchar View Post
Whoops! Sorry, Ned. I didn't realize you were already in Quito. Hope you saw my previous post before you left and I hope you have some recommendations for me when you come back. Enjoy your trip.

Kiss a blue-footed boobie for me!